We are a small hard-working team here at Asthma Waikato. We have our Respiratory Nurse Educator who sees clients for consults as well as delivering asthma education around the community. The Operational Manager who oversees all aspects of service delivery, funding and overall management of the centre and our Respiratory Support Worker who manages bookings, admin and support to the rest of the team.
In recognition of the need to extend our services across the entire Waikato region, Asthma Waikato established a formal Board of Directors responsible for Best Practice Governance and to provide strategic direction. Our current Board members are (left to right):
'Ofa Pouono - Board Member
Tahi Brown - Board Member
Peter Granville – Treasurer
Dr Hamish McCay – Board Member
Julia Crosby - Board Chairperson
Jessica Middleton - Board Member
Graeme Allen - Board Member
Asthma Waikato Newsletter
The Asthma Link / Te Ha Ora Huango
Our Newsletter is full of news, views and home truths to encourage and inform people with breathing difficulties.
Our Service - What do Asthma Waikato customers get?
We listen, we educate and we act – we make a difference
- We educate - Education helps clients better understand what happens in their body when they get asthma, how their medication helps and highlights potential triggers
- We make it simple – We provide advice and tips to simplify how people manage their asthma on a day to day basis – staying as well as they can possibly be
- We help them stop smoking - Smoking cessation referrals are made to help people in this area
- We are their voice – we link people with the right organisations to get their environment right e.g. liaising with landlords/Housing NZ when damp, mouldy houses are causing asthma symptoms
- We give them our time - Many situations are complex e.g. multiple caregivers, complicated social issues and we spend as long as is necessary with every client to get the best outcome for them
For more information on the services we provide, please
read more >>
Currently in New Zealand 586,000 school days a year are missed by children with respiratory conditions.
Of the asthmatics we helped last year, nearly 99% were under 15 years old – those children and their families are now more able to live full, active lives not limited by asthma.
Our Charity Status
Asthma & Respiratory Services (Waikato) Inc trades as Asthma Waikato, is a registered charity.
We believe strongly in what we do and how we do it. But why trust what we say - check out some testimonials from the people we help and support. Health is so important and therefore put any anxious thoughts to rest, knowing that other customers have been happy and satisfied after working with us.