The next Asthma Waikato Spirometry Course is:
Spirometry is one of the very few medical tests that require a substantial effort from the patient in order for it to be successful. It's critical that the person performing the test is able to not only encourage the patient but is also able to pick up technique errors or performance errors that relate to the test being obsolete. This requires knowledge of "interpretation" during the real time testing.
- Do you know how to correctly interpret the results?
- Are you sure you are performing the test correctly?
- Are you aware of all the contraindications to testing?
- Do you understand the importance of calibration and know how to do it correctly?
What you will learn on the course
* In order to gain a competency certificate from Asthma Waikato everyone who attends the course will be expected to submit at least ten test results for auditing purposes, along with a calibration log and biological control log.
Attending the two day course also offers each person a point of contact for troubleshooting and support.
NOTE: Certification is for two years. After this recertification will be required.
Check out our Re-certification Course for this.